Monday, July 16, 2007

Creative Commons & Open Educational Resources

I was intrigued by the idea of Creative Commons so although I enjoyed many of the other sites, I believe this one would be most useful for me getting started as an educator. Having done the research on copyright law, using a site like this for both my own work and for student work is ideal. There is no worry about copyright infringement and there is so much available all on one site. No matter what the project your students are working on: digital essay, Power Point, Blogs, Websites, papers, scrapbooks, collages, etc. there is something available for students to work with. This Wiki space also talked about Open Educational Records. As someone new to the educational field, this type of resource is invaluable and could have saved me a few sleepless nights last semester as I struggled to develop my first thematic plan. Both of these sites are going to be bookmarked for future use. I don't forsee any problems with these two sites, only possibilities.

No comments: