Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tableau Vivant


The things we do for our education! Our group had to recreate the story of the Grasshopper and the Ant, or in this case, the Ants. As we eat our food happily, the lazy grasshopper is dying of hunger. I truly enjoyed this activity and would absolutely try to use it in a classroom setting. It was a great icebreaker and allowed me to get to know some of my classmates. I like group activities where everyone has to participate, there is no room for someone to step back and not take part. Plus, as someone who hopes to teach English and History, this type of activity is a twofer. You can have the kids research TV for a history lesson and then switching to English, they can come up with their own stories to recreate. Lots of fun, creativity, technology and learning all in one activity.

1 comment:

Lauraw said...

I really enjoyed getting to know all our group members - what fun we had, especially shooting the death scene!!