Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Miracle of Photoshop




I was a fashion editor for over 20 years. When I began, digital photography wasn't an option. We used old-fashioned film and Polaroid for shoots. More than once we had to do a photo over because the photographer forgot to load the camera. One time the entire shoot had to be recreated because the film was damaged. Because of my work with professional photographers, I was very aware of the advances of digital photography from the beginning and experienced the wizardry a talented photographer can perform with Photoshop. I now have even more respect for the technology since I had the chance to play around with Photoshop in class. I took two photos from a 2005 Memorial Day parade that Shannon's cheer squad took part in along with some soldiers recently back from Iraq. Since Memorial Day honors all of our soldiers I decided to add in some veterans of the Civil War.

No comments: